Magical Mystery Tour… Liverpool Mr C and I like going on days out and finding things… this usually involves post boxes but could just include visiting a historic venue or two or just wandering around one of our amazing cities or towns in the UK. Our latest Magical Mystery Tour was to Liverpool in search […]
Gold Post Boxes Royal Mail has painted more than 100 of its iconic and much-loved red post boxes gold to celebrate every Team GB and ParalympicsGB gold medal won during the London 2012 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games. The post boxes will remain permanently gold to mark the achievements of the athletes and the historic […]
During 2017 I would like to visit Hull.
I would like to search for the moths to honour Hull’s female aviator Amy Johnson. Hopefully searching for moths is as much fun as hunting elephants.
Having billboards with original art work on, means there will be something else to view as wander.A new gallery, light installations and masterpieces set for Hull city of culture 2017 — features and photography about how humans live today
I would also like to see the gold post box in Hull.
Would be good to visit after September to see Turner prize pieces.
My classroom has had a new addition to go alongside my beetles. As we are taking part in Hull City of Culture we are spending the year studying different aspects of Hull. This term we are looking at the history and will be covering Amy Johnson. Across the city giant moths have sprung up to […]
Hull will see its buildings lit up with art installations for city of culture 2017. “Made in Hull”will kick off the year with open air illuminations by local and international artists which will aim to tell the city’s story. Italian arist Silvio Palladino will design a large scale light installation on the buildings of Thorton […]
5. Start by cheating with a double entry: great to see elephant’s featuring Sheffield landmarks: Our City our Home and In It Together.
4. The Elephant in the Hive for it’s vivid colour.
3. Inside out. The full impact did not immediately hit me as I saw her during a session running round the city zapping elephants on the app. It was the second time that I noticed and admired the baby elephant inside the Mother to be that my appreciation grew for Inside Out.
2. Inconelly I could see this one from a distance as I approached Fargste, shining in the sun. Given his conienent location, he has receive do several oats from me, when I have been passing. I have also had some fun trying to take pictures in the reflection.
It was interesting to learn about the material he is made from; inconel which, is made by Sheffield company Pressure Technologies. Apparently this super alloy of chromium and iron is very hard wearing so I would be happy to have him in my garden sparking for years to come. Where is he now?
1. Another one that was in a convient place for me to visit often over summer was Interst Elephant. As soon I saw him, I was drawn to him because of his bright colours. Up close there was features to see all over; from the different rockets blasting off, either side of the trunk to the stars, space ships all over his body and legs. The earth was centeral on his body with a rocket 🚀 above and an astronaught space walking out of the rocket.
What is / are your favourites?
Sheffield City Council have served notice on the people living in tents at Park Hill. The notices which are dotte…
Source: Sheffield | Tent City