So this week, the prompt was tattoo, I went to the Edinburgh tattoo and you wrote some great stories about both types of tattoo as defined below.
tattoo definition from online free dictionary
tattoo 1 (tă-to͞o′)
1. A signal sounded on a drum or bugle to summon soldiers or sailors to their quarters at night.
2. A display of military exercises and music offered as evening entertainment.
3. A continuous, even drumming or rapping.
v.tat·tooed, tat·too·ing, tat·toos
To beat out an even rhythm, as with the fingers.
To beat or tap rhythmically on; rap or drum on.
Ta·too 2 (tă-tto͞o′)
n.pl.tp. ermanent mark or design made on the skin by a process of pricking and ingraining an indelible pigment or by raising scars.
2. A design made on the skin with a temporary dye such as henna or ink.
tr.v.tat·tooed, tat·too·ing, tat·toos
1. To mark (the skin) with a tattoo.
2. To form (a tattoo) on the skin.
[From Tahitian tatau and kindred Polynesian words, all from Proto-Polynesian *tatau.]
‘Got dementia, needed her name tattooed’
By Shreya Punjab who blogs at:
Branded for life, not by choice.
By Tre who blogs at
Her name. His skin. Mutual regret.
Kirsty who will be providing the next prompt on her blog tomorrow morning.