As people work longer and people can work with dementia, it may just be that to support them adjustments are made in the workplace; below are examples of possible adjustments.
- Install sound proof or visual to minimise disruption.
- Clear signage to help navigate round Work place.
- Flexible working to accommodate symptoms / side effects.
- Allocate a mentor if dementia causing reduced self confidence or uncertainty.
- Hold regular meetings to ensure the person with dementia’s needs are being met.
- Ensure person with dementia are aware of support available for example trade unions, occupational health, phone lines available through health schemes and counselling services.
- Train staff on dementia awareness whilst ensuring employee’s confidentiality maintained.